Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day Thirty

The freedom hand is still standing. And it CAN be seen from the interstate! dosomethingnow!



I have fallen behind this past week in my posts. But I haven't forgotten about freedom. I'm so encouraged, excited, and impressed that I see the talk of ending slavery daily. The more I know about slavery, the more I open my eyes to God's love, the more I pray, the more I spend time reading the bible the more I see how we really are one body. We truly are one and together we are a force for good. It's like the term "it's a small world" , and it really is a small world when you think about the power of God and how God's people, no matter where they are in the world, are working together for the same cause. :) crazy.

Here's today's prayer:
March 27: Pray for the families who are searching for their lost daughters who have been trafficked. Pray comfort to cover them daily. Pray for the rescue of their daughters. Pray that the Gospel of Jesus would be made known and bring healing to the families.

Learn more:
www.72daysforfreedom.com

Do more:
 -Teach young people that slavery still exists and challenge them to get involved. Parents, educators, youth and college pastors can help raise up the next generation of abolitionist. Parent and Educator Discussion Guide:
cnn.com/2011/US/studentnews/04/04/freedomproject.teacher.guide/index.html

-Volunteer, teach a life skill class, be an academic mentor, or participate in home improvement project to help restore the women at Wellspring Living recovery shelter in Atlanta, GA. wellspringleague.org/?page_id=163

-Eat Fair Trade chocolate and tell leaders in the chocolate industry to stop using child slave labor and institute labor standards among their suppliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment