Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 11

Since we are reading about Harriet Tubman, I decided it would be very appropriate to go ahead and write letters to the girls at A21. Most of the people who get trafficked are minors. This really hits home because the students understand that these slaves are kids their own age...not just adults.  So, we made our graphic organizers and started writing our rough drafts today. We haven't gotten very far, but we did make a list of encouraging words. So I thought I'd share these words. Keep in mind....third graders made this list! and the list is fantastic! I'm so excited to see the final products and to mail them to the rescued girls to further encourage them and help restore them! They are special and important, and we need to make sure we tell them!
Slavery is not a Christian or non-Christian issue, It's a human race issue.
Encouraging Words:
-lovely
-worthy
-awesome
-beautiful
-cool
-sweet
-magnificent
-pretty
-you rock!
-strong
-intelligent
-powerful
-fantastic
-restored
-important
-smart
-encouraging
-inspirational
-inspiring
-unstoppable
-brave
-courageous
-passionate
-friend
-special
 
 Take a view minutes out of your day to write a letter. We need to encourage, uplift, and love.
www.thea21campaign.org/WRITE-A-LETTER.PHP

 Today's Prayer:
March 8: Pray for pimps selling girls on the streets. Pray that their hearts would be changed and radical revelation and transformation would happen in their lives causing them to no longer abuse and force sex on girls.

2 comments:

  1. Staci, I have tears in my eyes from reading this post. God is using you to do such powerful things in the lives of the children you are teaching.

    I teach children of poverty who often don't have enough themselves but are so willing to give what they have because we have talked about being kind and helpful. I share many of the poems I write on my blog and I try and use my blog to help encourage other teachers to love the children they teach no matter what...because God put each child in our classroom for a reason.

    I would love for you to come read some of the poems I have under my teacher inspiration label. I am grateful God brought me to your blog today.

    Bloggy blessings to you!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I will definitely be checking your blog out!! I'm so excited to read some of the poems you have posted!

    ReplyDelete