Monday, February 20, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest:)

So, I attempted to make my first DIY scarf from an old t-shirt.




So the rules of the game are as follows:
1. find an old shirt (other sites say xl or xxl...but I only own smalls and mediums....and it turned out just fine...just not as long).
2. Cut the bottom stitching off. cut under the armpit.
(as you can tell...I cut a little weird..because I wanted to save the print). 

3. after you cut, stretch the bad boy out. stretch it horizontally...not vertically..you want the side of the shirt to be the stretched part.

(since I cut mine a little different...I had to make some adjustments and stitches to the final product. I had to fold over the purple Celebrate text so that the scarf would be the same size all the way around.

and that's it. You have an infinity scarf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment